byline

Work and Play in Darsi's World

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blowing Off Steam

To paraphrase Ice Cube, today was a good day.  I didn't even have to use my AK...but I could have if I'd wanted to.  This afternoon, Earl and I were invited to go shooting with one of our partners and a couple of guys from the IRS.  This is a good way to foster goodwill with the enemy (the IRS, not our partner, just to be clear).  It's also good for dealing with the stress associated with our jobs and with life in general, especially when you can pretend one of the targets is an impossible client, rude opposing counsel, a disease afflicting a loved one, etc., and dispatch it with extreme prejudice.  Here is a picture of me doing just that:   



Sometimes we don't even shoot at the targets.  Sometimes we just feel like blowing something up.  And that's when this happens (courtesy of Earl on the grassy knoll and of some weird dynamite stuff one of the IRS guys brought - I don't ask questions):


And sometimes we just fire guns in the air like crazy Iraqis celebrating, well, anything.  See our fearless leader below:


I'm kidding - he was just shooting skeet.  Anyway, a good time was had by all.  I wish we could do this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment