byline

Work and Play in Darsi's World

Friday, December 30, 2011

Dara's Birthday

Today is my sister's birthday.  I know I said my next post would be about Christmas weekend, but I thought it would be more fun to post embarrassing pictures of my sister instead.  She can't really complain, though, as most (if not all) of these pictures are more embarrassing for me than for her. 

Before Dara was born, I poked Mom in her pregnant belly and asked, "Where's baby brother?"  After Dara was born, according to my mother, my "whole personality" changed.  She said I was very happy for the first two years of my life but did a 180 when Dara was born.  She worried whether I would ever be happy again.  Ha!  Here are some of the things Dara and I have done since then:


I think this was at some amusement park in Panama City.  Either that or Gatlinburg.  Hard to tell the difference unless you see the beach.

Being chased by a random boy.  Hey, it's hard being the hottest chicks at the Best Western.  I'm glad Mom and Dad were there to keep an eye on the pedophiles in the pool.
Sitting on the hood of a t-top Camaro.  It was the 80s in JeffCo.  No one was cooler than we were at this moment.  Well, except maybe someone sitting on a t-top Camaro and NOT wearing a pink geometric-print outfit. 

Getting blasted by waves.  Again, this is probably Panama City, as 99.9% of our family vacations were there during our childhood.  I am not complaining about that.

High five!  This was in a condo in St. Augustine - our house was never decorated like that.  Mom went to interior design school in Atlanta, for Heaven's sake.

Chillin' at Mardi Gras with yet another random guy. 

Horse showing

We have a long-standing tradition of wrapping each other's Christmas gifts in the most tacky way possible.

Partying
Wearing sunglasses at night

Being bridesmaids and brides

Wearing hoods

Engaging in destructive behavior

Finding lost treasure in the Bahamas
Being brides and bridesmaids

Practicing fumble recovery skills


Laughing hysterically

Riverdancing

Cooking.  Fashionably, I might add.
Happy Birthday, D!

No comments:

Post a Comment