I really wanted to wait a few days to write this blog to see if my emotions cooled, but I think it'll be healthier for me to just get it out. I've been seething all afternoon, and my ulcer is in full effect. Welcome to football season.
One of two things is going to happen this year. Kiehl Frazier is going to be the death of me, or I'm going to be the death of him. I am fairly certain he's blind. He can't see defenders or wide open receivers, yet he's our starting QB. Is this why Lutzie came back for his Senior year? To be completely overlooked every time he's wide open for a pass? To have his name mispronounced by ESPN's new, stupid female sideline reporter (it's Lutz-en-kirk-en, not Lutz-i-ken, dumbass) at least twice?
One of two things is going to happen this year. Kiehl Frazier is going to be the death of me, or I'm going to be the death of him. I am fairly certain he's blind. He can't see defenders or wide open receivers, yet he's our starting QB. Is this why Lutzie came back for his Senior year? To be completely overlooked every time he's wide open for a pass? To have his name mispronounced by ESPN's new, stupid female sideline reporter (it's Lutz-en-kirk-en, not Lutz-i-ken, dumbass) at least twice?
In addition to being blind, I'm pretty sure Frazier also doesn't have opposable thumbs. Three interceptions and two fumbles. From ONE PLAYER? Color me incredulous.
We lost a football game to a team that couldn't even make it onto the field last week.
Mississippi Effing State. This is ridiculous. I cannot express how disappointed I am in our football team after this game. With the exception of a very few people, they are playing with no emotion whatsoever. No heart. It's like they don't care that they're 0-2 and just lost to MISSISSIPPI STATE. Who are you going to beat in the SEC West if you can't beat Mississippi State? Maybe Ole Miss? MAYBE. I mean, Mississippi State doesn't even have four sides to its stadium, and I give absolutely no credence to a school that does not have a fully-enclosed stadium.
It kills me to feel so negatively, especially this early in the season. I'm just so deflated. But you know what? I still have emotion. I'm still MAD that we're losing and would do anything to knock those smug little Bulldogs on their asses. Why do our players not feel the same way (speaking generally, of course - there are a few who have heart, but they can't make up for everyone else)? They have stopped believing in themselves, and that is tragic this early in the season. This is not Auburn football.
It kills me to feel so negatively, especially this early in the season. I'm just so deflated. But you know what? I still have emotion. I'm still MAD that we're losing and would do anything to knock those smug little Bulldogs on their asses. Why do our players not feel the same way (speaking generally, of course - there are a few who have heart, but they can't make up for everyone else)? They have stopped believing in themselves, and that is tragic this early in the season. This is not Auburn football.
And what's with the play calling? Quarterback keeper on 3rd and long (like 17 or 19 long)? Not just once, but TWICE? I realize you can't let the blind quarterback throw the ball, but at least give it to McCalebb or Mason and see if they can run for more than two yards.
Just so disgusting. I'm physically ill. I still love Auburn (y'all know how I feel about fair-weather fans and bandwagon jumpers, and I've been an Auburn fan through a lot of good and a lot of bad), but I'm so mad at them. It's like having a kid who gets arrested for robbing a pharmacy or something. You still love them, but you're insanely disappointed and wonder how you somehow failed them. I sincerely hope this season gets better, but I'm not sure how that happens when we have yet to play LSU, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Georgia, and Alabama. And Vanderbilt. I was looking forward to having an easy SEC East opponent on the schedule, but after watching Vandy play South Carolina last week and after watching this game, I'm worried that they won't be as easy as I thought.
Well, I said in 2011 that I would gladly live through a 2008-type year again if I could relive a 2010-type year two years later. So I guess I can start looking forward to 2014.
Continuing on that positive note, I'm going to start giving "Weagles," similar to helmet stickers, for those players who live up to my exacting standards. This week's Weagles go to Corey Lemonier for being a beast on defense; T'Sharvan Bell for continually trying to rally the emotionless defensive players; and Onterio McCalebb for scoring our only touchdown on a 100-yard kickoff return. Lutzie gets half a Weagle just for being there and open to catch passes, even if he was completely ignored by the quarterback. I love you, Lutzie. Kiehl Frazier gets negative two Weagles.
Continuing on that positive note, I'm going to start giving "Weagles," similar to helmet stickers, for those players who live up to my exacting standards. This week's Weagles go to Corey Lemonier for being a beast on defense; T'Sharvan Bell for continually trying to rally the emotionless defensive players; and Onterio McCalebb for scoring our only touchdown on a 100-yard kickoff return. Lutzie gets half a Weagle just for being there and open to catch passes, even if he was completely ignored by the quarterback. I love you, Lutzie. Kiehl Frazier gets negative two Weagles.
War Eagle, boys. Let's move on.

No comments:
Post a Comment