Well, Thanksgiving week put me way behind on my blogging, so I figured I'd combine Week 12 (Alabama A&M) with Week 13 (the Iron Bowl). Besides, we had a really great weekend in Auburn for the AAMU game, and the Iron Bowl was as dismal as the previous weekend was great, so this blog will be an attempt to average the two.
Caryn and I traveled to Auburn for the AAMU game, our last hurrah for the season. I was really not looking forward to leaving Auburn for the last time this year, so I tried to cram as much Auburn as possible into the day. We got there about 3 and a half hours before the game and had an early lunch at Toomer's. Yes, we drank lemonade.
We then spent about an hour and a half perusing all the little shops in downtown Auburn. Our shopping culminated in a trip to Tiger Rags for their end-of-season sale, where I acquired so much stuff I was having trouble walking through the store with it all. We were pretty much forced to head back to the car at that point to drop off all my stuff, and since the car was on the way to the stadium, we headed to the game from there.
The game was great. We beat AAMU by a respectable margin. We also got to see the AAMU band at halftime. The bands at traditionally black universities really know how to entertain (not that I don't love our AU band).
Weagles for the AAMU game go to our 13 Seniors who were honored at their last home game; Tre Mason for his 181 rushing yards (including two TD runs); Onterio McCalebb for his two TD runs; and Trent Fisher (Jeff Fisher's son) for a 60-yard pick six.
After the game, Caryn and I took in Toomers Corner for what might be the last time with our ill-fated oak trees.
We then had one last AWESOME dinner at Hamilton's and headed back to Hoover. It was a great weekend, and I hated to see it end. It was kind of sad knowing that I was leaving Auburn for the last time until the Spring.
Also sad was the Iron Bowl, which we lost by a score of approximately 325 - 0. There are obviously minimal Weagles from this game, but Tre Mason deserves one for reaching the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the season. The only thing good about this game is that I got to watch it with several other Auburn fans and probably the least obnoxious Bama fan I know (my family that was in town for Thanksgiving). Misery loves company, I guess.
As I have feared since the Georgia game, Auburn fired Coach Chizik after the Bama game. So now we're in the middle of a coaching search, and all I can do is pray Auburn doesn't hire Bobby Petrino. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to next season. I've already got reservations made for the A-Day game in April, and my mouth is watering for some good Hamilton's food and some sweet Toomer's lemonade.
We then spent about an hour and a half perusing all the little shops in downtown Auburn. Our shopping culminated in a trip to Tiger Rags for their end-of-season sale, where I acquired so much stuff I was having trouble walking through the store with it all. We were pretty much forced to head back to the car at that point to drop off all my stuff, and since the car was on the way to the stadium, we headed to the game from there.
The game was great. We beat AAMU by a respectable margin. We also got to see the AAMU band at halftime. The bands at traditionally black universities really know how to entertain (not that I don't love our AU band).
Weagles for the AAMU game go to our 13 Seniors who were honored at their last home game; Tre Mason for his 181 rushing yards (including two TD runs); Onterio McCalebb for his two TD runs; and Trent Fisher (Jeff Fisher's son) for a 60-yard pick six.
After the game, Caryn and I took in Toomers Corner for what might be the last time with our ill-fated oak trees.
We then had one last AWESOME dinner at Hamilton's and headed back to Hoover. It was a great weekend, and I hated to see it end. It was kind of sad knowing that I was leaving Auburn for the last time until the Spring.
Also sad was the Iron Bowl, which we lost by a score of approximately 325 - 0. There are obviously minimal Weagles from this game, but Tre Mason deserves one for reaching the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the season. The only thing good about this game is that I got to watch it with several other Auburn fans and probably the least obnoxious Bama fan I know (my family that was in town for Thanksgiving). Misery loves company, I guess.
As I have feared since the Georgia game, Auburn fired Coach Chizik after the Bama game. So now we're in the middle of a coaching search, and all I can do is pray Auburn doesn't hire Bobby Petrino. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to next season. I've already got reservations made for the A-Day game in April, and my mouth is watering for some good Hamilton's food and some sweet Toomer's lemonade.

26.jpg)
20.jpg)
17.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment