byline

Work and Play in Darsi's World

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Construction Blogging: More Framing

So the framing continues at the Sirknen house.  The last few days of this week, the exterior main floor walls have been finished (with the exception of some "green stuff" that still hasn't been added), and with a few minor exceptions, the interior main floor walls have been finished.  
 
I can't get a birds' eye view from the deck anymore because they're now building on the same level with the deck, so the only pictures I get from that viewpoint now are somewhat blocked by window screens.  Soon I won't have a birds' eye view at all.




This is the master bedroom.  Really, we just have mass chaos of wood going everywhere, but I'm sure it's all there for good reason.  :-)

THIS is my master closet.  Starting at the wall in the foreground of the picture and going all the way to the side wall (and it's shaped a little stairsteppy).  I go stand in this closet and just marvel at it every day.  Seriously. 

Another screen-obstructed aerial pic, this one showing the beginnings of a floor structure for the final half-story. 
 
This week we've also concerned ourselves with picking a color for the master suite (so we can also finalize flooring choices, etc.).  I narrowed it down to two shades of blue-grey, and Ben and I have each picked our favorite.  Of course, we did not choose the same color.  Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment