I love the snow, and I'm not ashamed to say it. We've had more snow in the last two weeks than we've had in the last two years, but it's so pretty. So normally, I don't mind it. I would have preferred, however, that all of this snow would've come during a winter when we weren't building a house. The plumbing and HVAC guys got most, if not all, of their rough-ins completed during the bad weather, but other than that, not much else went on.
We did get the stone masons back for one day, and they finished the stone up to the porch roof on the front of the house. It looks really good, and I can't wait to see the rest of it once they get it on the dormers.
At this point, I'm pretty frustrated that we're not making more progress. I know it's not really anyone's fault because the weather has been crazy, and I do appreciate our builder keeping the work going on the inside of the house when we couldn't work on the outside even though that's not the order in which he prefers to do things, but it's still frustrating. I just want it to be done! So I was happy when my security cameras started sending me motion detection notices at 7:15 this morning and I saw that there were several trucks in our driveway. Phillip's guys were here working on more deck framing, and the exterior siding crew was here working on the trim. It's amazing how much difference a little bit of trim makes.
![]() |
| We have bird boxes on one of our dormers! |
The electrician and his crew were here starting their work, AND Phillip's guys started the process of joining the house roof with the existing garage roof.
I am SO glad this process has been started. I've told Ben a few times that, no matter how much progress is made on the house, I don't feel like we're making big strides until the house is actually married to the garage. I know that sounds irrational, but this has been a big mental block for me, and I'm glad we're resolving it. Now that the roofs are attached, they can get shingles on (hopefully Monday) and really get this thing dried in. So I'm feeling like we're finally getting back on track, and I hope the weather will cooperate with us for the next couple of weeks.






No comments:
Post a Comment