Yes, I am behind in my construction updates. I've had a lot going on the past couple of weeks, as I've been in the process of changing jobs. Yesterday was my last day at Woolf McClane, and Monday I start at Pilot Flying J. Winding down my practice at WMBAC was a pretty hectic process, so I haven't had a lot of extra time for blogging (I prefer to sleep instead). So anyway, here's what's been going on lately:
Phillip got tired of me complaining about the new window pattern in the vault, so he just said "eff it" and covered the whole thing with sheetrock.
Nah, just kidding. The windows are on order, but he needed to close the openings so we could keep some of the moisture out of the air while the guys were working on sheetrock mud, etc. So the sheetrock over the vault is just temporary. The sheetrock in the rest of the house, however, is quite permanent.
![]() |
| The sheetrock guys laugh in the face of danger. They have removed all safety rails in the house. |
There has been sheetrock mud dust EVERYWHERE. They tried to sweep it all up, but I think it's virtually impossible to get rid of it all. We are unable to walk through the house without getting it on us SOMEWHERE.
Once all the mudding/sanding was done, the painters came in and primed the walls. The primer is tinted, so it is very close to the actual paint color that will be on the walls. It's pretty fun to start seeing what the walls will actually look like.
The painters also got all the trim on the front of the house painted. It's amazing to me how different the house looks with the trim painted.
The bad news is that, even though we've had a GREAT week weather-wise, the painters were pulled off to another job, and we've had no paint going on since last Saturday! This is so frustrating to me. On Saturday, we thought the whole exterior would be painted by mid-week. While the painters moved to another job for the week, they DID leave behind an incredibly long ladder on the back of the house, shored up at the bottom with some nice cinderblocks and pieces of wood.
It looks safe, doesn't it? I sure hope the neighborhood kids don't decide they want to climb on it.
Anyway, we also got a TON (or several tons) of dirt to help finish the grading of the yard. We got really lucky because some of our friends who live less than a mile away are putting in a pool, so they had a bunch of dirt they needed to get rid of, and we needed a bunch of dirt. So we ended up not having to buy dirt and, instead, just having to pay the haul bill from their house to ours for about 15 dump truck loads.
Probably the most exciting thing to happen this week is that our beams are up in the living room vault. They. Look. Awesome. They will eventually be stained a dark color to match our flooring.
We got the boat in the water last night and finally got to check out the way the house looks from the water. I dig it.
All of our trim was delivered Friday, so I suppose that's what's on the agenda for this week. I'm getting a little frustrated that we can't seem to get anything going with the cabinets (they need to do final measurements now that sheetrock is up, but it's been a couple of weeks with no progress). Our builder seems to be getting a little stressed about those, so I'm going to have to put more effort into getting that done faster.









No comments:
Post a Comment