byline

Work and Play in Darsi's World

Friday, November 13, 2015

BlAUging: Texas A&M: November 7, 2015

Okay, quick blog about the TAMU game, as I'm sitting in my hotel room in Columbus getting ready to go to the next game.  But WOW.  I couldn't blog about this one too early because I just wanted to savor it, since it was our first good win of the year.  Apparently we just win when we play TAMU in College Station, and they just win when they play in Auburn.  It's been a weird little series so far.
 
Although we still struggled to score touchdowns (we scored two in this game, and four field goals), our defense really played solid and allowed us to win without scoring very many touchdowns.  And Jeremy!  He played in this game like we knew he could play (we saw it last year) and like he had never had those bad games at the beginning of the season.  I was so proud for him and happy that he could come out and have such a great game.  I needed that; the rest of the fans needed that; and I know the players needed it more than we did.  
 
One thing about this game that left me livid was the replay official overturning the targeting penalty on the hit that Ricky Seals-Jones very obviously delivered to the head of Jeremiah Dinson, leading with the crown of his helmet.  If that's not targeting, I have no idea what is; and Jeremiah suffered season-ending injuries on that play.  Just a terrible, terrible call.
 
Anyway...Weagles!  Jovon Robinson was our workhorse this week, rushing 27 times for 159 yards.  Jeremy Johnson was 13 of 17 passing for 132 yards and a TD.  Carlton Davis, Justin Garrett, and Blake Countess each got an interception. Johnathan Ford had 10 tackles; Kris Frost had 9.
 
Excellent job, guys.  Now let's carry that momentum on to tomorrow's game.  WDE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment