The roof of the garage uses engineered trusses, and those were delivered and installed with a crane this week as well. At least the bottom sections were. Not all of the top sections have been stood up yet, but we're getting there.
![]() |
| I'm always fascinated by how the trusses look from below. That's a lot of wood to support the upper room of the garage! |
There was some really good progress this week in spite of the fact that it rained a couple of inches. Next up should be the vaulted roof in the great room, which is always exciting (or, at least it was the last time we built this house - ha). To this point, I've been so confused in the house since it's basically mirror image to our old one. I always have to stop and orient myself as to what rooms are where, but as more of the structure comes together, that's definitely helping me recognize "our house."
Aside from the actual structure, other progress this week included me picking out plumbing fixtures. It wasn't hard since I wanted exactly the same stuff we had in the old house. A couple of items had been discontinued and I had to find replacements, but for the most part I was done with that task within an hour.
If we keep rocking along with this level of progress, I look forward to sharing much more next week. Fingers crossed!







No comments:
Post a Comment