I'm going to start this blog off a little differently and say that I was pretty heartbroken over the Vols' loss to Florida on Saturday. I don't recall ever being heartbroken over a Vols loss, but that one really hurt. I, and I think everyone in Knoxville, expected Tennessee to beat Florida handily this year; and it would've been a big win for that program. After almost beating Georgia on the road last week, this was just a huge letdown. Not to mention that everyone was hyped up over checkerboarding the stadium (which looked GREAT, by the way) and having Lil' Jon tweet "Beat Florida" all week. I just felt really bad for Ben and all my other Vol friends.
So it's a dang good thing that Auburn had an awesome game and just blew LSU away Saturday night. Even with a big lead, I usually don't stop stressing, especially when dealing with Les Miles. That man just has a knack for pulling a win out of losing situations. I kept waiting for him to try a fake punt all night. Where were you, Les? Not that I'm complaining... I suppose sometime in the 4th quarter I started to relax a bit when I realized LSU would have to score 5 touchdowns to win, even if we didn't score another point. That was a nice feeling.
Sammie Coates gets 2 Weagles for his 4 catches for 144 yards (his career best) and a touchdown. Normally, I would give only 1 Weagle, but a couple of those catches were truly amazing; and I'm glad Sammie is getting his good hands back and moving farther away from the injury that had him a bit out of commission in the last couple of games. C.J. Uzomah gets 2 Weagles for doing The Lutzie after catching a touchdown pass. I so miss that boy, and I've realized that I will cry every. single. time they play the pregame video showing a couple of his touchdown catches. Corey Grant gets a Weagle for this hit he put on an LSU defender. I call it the "I'm going to step out of bounds rights here, but only because I want to" hit.
So it's a dang good thing that Auburn had an awesome game and just blew LSU away Saturday night. Even with a big lead, I usually don't stop stressing, especially when dealing with Les Miles. That man just has a knack for pulling a win out of losing situations. I kept waiting for him to try a fake punt all night. Where were you, Les? Not that I'm complaining... I suppose sometime in the 4th quarter I started to relax a bit when I realized LSU would have to score 5 touchdowns to win, even if we didn't score another point. That was a nice feeling.
Sammie Coates gets 2 Weagles for his 4 catches for 144 yards (his career best) and a touchdown. Normally, I would give only 1 Weagle, but a couple of those catches were truly amazing; and I'm glad Sammie is getting his good hands back and moving farther away from the injury that had him a bit out of commission in the last couple of games. C.J. Uzomah gets 2 Weagles for doing The Lutzie after catching a touchdown pass. I so miss that boy, and I've realized that I will cry every. single. time they play the pregame video showing a couple of his touchdown catches. Corey Grant gets a Weagle for this hit he put on an LSU defender. I call it the "I'm going to step out of bounds rights here, but only because I want to" hit.
Everyone on defense gets a Weagle. They held LSU to 0-13 on third down conversions and 1-4 on fourth down conversions. Unbelievable. Cameron Artis-Payne gets a Weagle for rushing for 126 yards. Nick Marshall gets a Weagle for 207 passing yards and 119 rushing yards. He really had an amazing game, and his arm was looking great. The crowd also gets a Weagle. As is typical for night SEC games in Jordan-Hare, the crowd was insanely loud. I think ESPN said they registered 107 decibels when LSU was on offense. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself.
Auburn is at Mississippi State this weekend, which actually scares the crap out of me (seriously, what kind of parallel universe is this?). I'm in Hilton Head with Dara, Damon, and Devon, so I'm planning on sequestering myself in our condo so my yelling (which is often involuntary) doesn't scare my precious niece. There will be time to teach her about all this later.
Auburn is at Mississippi State this weekend, which actually scares the crap out of me (seriously, what kind of parallel universe is this?). I'm in Hilton Head with Dara, Damon, and Devon, so I'm planning on sequestering myself in our condo so my yelling (which is often involuntary) doesn't scare my precious niece. There will be time to teach her about all this later.
No comments:
Post a Comment