byline

Work and Play in Darsi's World

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Construction Blogging: Innards

We're heavy into HVAC and plumbing work at the house right now.  I had a pic of some HVAC stuff in my previous post, so I won't bore you with that again.  Once you've seen one duct, you've seen them all, am I right?  But here are some pics of our pretty plumbing.
 
 
 
Phillip is apparently starting to order all of our plumbing fixtures, because I spent a good bit of time today on the phone with my sales rep at Gray Hodges making sure we had all of our choices ironed out. 
 
Also happening at the house this week: More windows are going in every day, and the Bobcat crew has backfilled a lot of the holes around the house (especially convenient is that the trench around our porch is filled in, although I was starting to like the idea of having a moat).  I'm starting to see the shape the yard will take, which is kind of cool.
 
 
 


Phillip's guys installed our front door frame and the side lights.  He's going to build a temporary door out of plywood for them to use for a while longer so my new door won't get banged up with them carrying stuff in and out, so for now the big door is being stored in our laundry room so it's out of the elements (at least until the door-maker comes back to get it and remove the unwanted dentil shelf).


And finally - FINALLY - we've got some little walls framed to connect the house to the garage.  I told Ben a couple of days ago that I feel like we're not really making much progress until we get these things connected (because we can't finish the roof until then, etc.), so I'm glad to see some progress in this area.  


Phillip will still have to figure out how to connect the two roofs, but he has ordered our shingles, so I'm assuming that will happen soon.  Or maybe he's already figured it out but he's just not doing it yet.  He did mention that he will have to take the shingles off of this part of the garage roof and that he doesn't want to do that until he's ready to put new shingles back on, which I appreciate.  So that's it so far.  Boring, but necessary, stuff going on this week.  I miss the stone masons and hope they'll be back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment